Due: Monday, March 12
Requirements: Choose a miracle or parable of Jesus from the list provided in class. Be sure to write down which Bible verses correspond to your miracle or parable! If your miracle or parable comes from multiple Gospels, be sure to include similarities and differences between the different accounts in the answers to your written portion.
For Miracle Project:
Written Portion– Answer the following questions, typed in complete sentences:
1. Who is involved in this miracle? What happens?
2. Who makes the request for Jesus to help?
3. How does Jesus respond?
4. What is the result of Jesus’ intervention?
5. How do the spectators react?
Creative Portion- Choose ONE of the following:
1. Write a two page typed double spaced story from the perspective of one of the participants in the miracle. This means the story should be in the first person (using “I”) and include how you felt about what you witnessed.
2. Draw a picture of the miracle. The picture must be colored.
3. Make a song about the miracle. Write the lyrics and perform the song for the class.
For Parable Project:
Written Portion- Answer the following questions, typed in complete sentences:
1. Explain the simile. What do the different characters or objects represent?
2. What does this parable tell us about everyday life in Jesus’ time?
3. How does this parable surprise the reader?
4. What lesson does this parable teach? What does Jesus challenge his listeners to do?
5. Who do you relate to in this parable? How can you incorporate this lesson in your own life?
Creative Portion– Choose ONE of the following:
1. Update this parable to modern times. Retell the story with details related to modern life, but teach the same lesson. The story should be two pages double spaced.
2. Draw a picture of the parable. The picture must be colored.
3. Make a short film depicting the parable. The film should be at least two minutes long.